Digital project manager
I'm a digital project manager/producer based in London, UK with over fifteen years interactive experience, delivering over 125 projects, including hands on creative and technical skills. I am also a certified ScrumMaster and PRINCE2 practitioner.
My competitive advantage of having hands on experience means I am able to communicate easier, faster and with higher quality to teams: understand and solve issues quicker and have a fully rounded control of multiple facets within the interactive production process.
As an experienced digital project manager/producer I have developed a rich understanding of creative and technical processes with a strong head for methodically managing projects.
Project management experience
- Delivery of multiple projects on brief, on time and to the agreed budgets using appropriate methodologies to successful completion
- End to end involvement throughout the project life-cycle from scoping to delivery, support and maintenance
- Comfortable in client-facing situations and on-site engagements, controlling project processes and ensuring that projects are delivered within time and budget constraints whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- Estimation of project costs, issues, risks, strategy, resourcing, milestones, financial reconciliation reporting and budgeting for each project
- Management of teams of up to 25 full-time employees (FTEs) including visual designers, interaction designers, user experience, art directors, copywriters, planners, business analysts, information architects, quality assurance, software developers and database administrators
- Proven track record in interactive media, reporting to clients and dealing with the management of all online processes
- Coordination of assets for user journeys, quality assurance (QA) testing requirements and UAT scripts
Digital project delivery
- Mobile applications
- Large consumer-facing and e-commerce websites
- Global campaign websites, micro sites and online advertising localisation
- Online display advertising and pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns
- eCRM and email campaigns
- Social, local campaigns
Technical project management
- Complex technical builds using Java EJBs/Struts, EPiServer CMS, Microsoft .NET, variations of the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP, Python), WordPress, Drupal, Python and Ruby on Rails technologies
- Development of iOS and Android mobile applications including App Store submission
- Content management systems, from bespoke builds to open-source and proprietary installations
- Iterative and incremental delivery using automated testing and deployment for continuous integration (CI)
- Third party API integration
- Copywriting including tone of voice generation and product terminology
- Content production and design
- Social media (SM), user generated content (UGC), editing and curation for blogs and campaigns
- Display advertising through to rich media advertising
- Mobile multimedia advertising formats including mobile banners, MMS and SMS
- Digital outdoor including Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Digital Escalator Panels (DEP) and Cross Track Projections (XTP) displays for airports and railway stations
- High definition (HD) video, video shoots, set builds, castings, digital post production, green screen and rotoscoping
- Touch screen kiosks
- Custom software development
Project management tools
- Creation and maintenance of Gantt chart time lines using Microsoft Project, OmniPlan and Merlin
- Creation of site maps and user interface wire frames using Microsoft Visio, Adobe InDesign and OmniGraffle
- Documentation of background, requirements, deliverables, milestones, budget, scope, start/end dates in Statement of Work (SOW) documents
- Tracking of financials via spreadsheets and integrated accounting software
- Resourcing and management of teams and individuals
- Generation of Scrum artefacts including Product backlogs, Sprint backlogs and burn down charts; set up and administration of wikis for documentation
I've worked in and around London and New York at the biggest and oldest names in the traditional advertising world, through to integrated and cutting edge digital agencies and technology companies. I work with remote teams, negotiating multiple timezones to deliver projects around the clock.
My client experience range from leading UK and international brands: the largest global names in automotive, consumer electronics, information technology, music, mobile, telecoms, FMCG, lifestyle, financial services, petrochemical, online gaming, top ten interactive agencies and Internet start ups.
Project management methodologies
I use project management methodologies dependent to project requirements: from traditional waterfall to Agile and SCRUM.
I'm comfortable handling budgets ranging from thousands to millions across different currencies following Sarbannes-Oxley (SOX) regulations.
Please contact me if you have a project or role you wish to discuss.